mercredi 16 mars 2016

Le Scarabée bleu

I was following the projects in the test thread even before the publication of this pattern. But I have to admit, I'm really addicted to La Maison Rililie's patterns anyway.
 This one is called Le Scarabée Bleu and here is my project page.

A few things I love about this design : the balloon shape at the bottom, along with bubbles, various stripes, thick ribbing border, folds, empire waist in the back that falls nicely under the breast in the fronts.
I could probably go on and on about the lovely details. But as I stated before, they're the little things that keep you on edge and help you achieve a beautiful result.
I picked colours we had in the shop, and while I'm super pleased with the black and blue-green (also featured here), I wasn't sure the gold blended well in the i-cord and stripes. It looked a little murky to me. But everyone seems to like it now, and I'm starting to appreciate them more and more.
I have a CineCittà on my needles in some Bamboo from an old FO I ripped last fall. I guess I should try to finish it for spring. More on that later!


2 commentaires: