lundi 26 juin 2017

Find Your Fade

Since we are doing the #kalpomponfade at our LYS, I decided to kick myself in the butt and gather enough stash yarn to make a Find Your Fade by Andrea Mowry
I'll have to figure out a way to picture the entire shawl in a pretty way. Maybe a clothesline or a fence... For now, let's look at it in chunks. 
As I stated on my project page, I used only stash yarn for this one, but I ran out quite a few times. I wasn't sure about the various colours, but I like the effect. It's subtle in a light pink in the middle, with deeper and more saturated colours at the tips. 

It is huge! Everyone says it is, and it's true. Being a loose knitter, I made sure I didn't stretch it during blocking, but garter stitch has a will of its own! If I were to knit this again, I would take the calculator out and take off some of the garter stitch rows to make it smaller while still ending the same way. 
This piece will serve as a wrap and blanket in the sofa for sure! It is so cosy and soft. Can't wait to wear it outside when it gets more chilly.
I am not done with the #kalpomponfade and fading in general. While I'm writing this, I'm already knitting my third SoFaded sweater and I intend to make the Pint-sized for my goddaughter.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire