lundi 26 juin 2017

It's a wrap!

My Joji MKAL is done now! That Starting Point pattern, by Joji Locatelli, was a big commitment! 5 weeks of knitting on 5 skeins and very little left (I'll weight and update my Ravelry project page).
I wasn't sure I would take part, until the first clue was out and I looked at the spoilers to find that the colour changes happened frequently. That really did it for me, so I went through my stash and cast on. 
But I wasn't happy with my first pick. It was too busy and I felt I needed a more classic look for this wrap. I own a great deal of colour crazy shawls... Proof here, here and here
So I frogged my first attempt and purchased five new skeins from our shop! I'm very happy with my gradient from natural to Mouton noir (a blueish black). The other upside is that most of the content is local : two Julie Asselin and one Sweet Paprika. Again, all details on my yarns are listed on my project page
Everything is smooth and soft and a pleasure to wear. The process wasn't bad either, but let's just say I was grateful to attend all these congresses and conferences those 5 weeks as it was a loooot of garter stitches!
Folded, it looks like a blanket. Well, extended too! If I doubled the size in width I'd have a bedcover!
Looking forward to wearing it in many, many different ways, including snuggled in front of tv with my knitting!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire