dimanche 4 octobre 2015

Perfect Papillon

I finished this sweater two weeks ago. It had been sitting in my pile of UFOs and as I mentionned on my project page, the chilly fall weather gave me a push to complete it.

Even if it was done, I felt a little anxious about putting it on... afraid that it would be a little tight in the body, but very loose around the sleeves. I feel silly now! To me, it's perfect the way it is now : casual, yet feminine and even, dare I say, romantic.
The pattern is Papillon, from  Svetlana Volkova. When I first blogged about the beginning of this sweater, I said I would like to have one in cotton too. Well, I can confirm I still feel the same. It would be awesome! We'll see...
The yarn is a limited edition from Zealana : a DK merino combined with bleached opposum fiber, The result is divine! Soft with a nice halo over the peachy/salmony colour.
 
Consctruction-wise, I'm very fond of the overlapping collar and the contiguous sleeves. Plus the lace panel is spot on what I was looking for.

I have so much more on  my needles right now. I feel that, somehow, I should take more time to blog during the process of casting on and knitting too. Sigh. Shoulda, woulda, coulda...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire