lundi 30 novembre 2015

The Doodler - A Mystery KAL

I have knit a few shawls from Stephen West, but this was my first time going through the challenge of doing so in a Mystery KAL. We received four clues, spread on four weeks and knew we needed three skeins of fingering weight yarn.
The process kept me on edge... especially after Clue 2, when all stitches were bound off in i-cord. We were all "clueless" as to  what would happen next. Where would he have us pick up stitches?
I used two yarn from stash that were purchases from the last Twist Festival. To be honest, I had Stephen West in mind when I bought the speckles yarn from Violette Yarns! The third one is a Hedgehog Fibers Sock yarn in Coral. They were all very thin for sock yarn, making them good candidates for a shawl knitted on 3.5 mm. I'm pretty happy with my colour choices, even though they are a little candy-ish for me.
One thing I really like about this shawl is the cable on top. It's such a nice discovery for me, since it holds the shawl in place. This part works like a collar and keeps some weight up there, preventing it from sliding off my shoulders. Who would have thought? This fabulous designer did!

I'm also a fan of anything scalloped, so I blocked it in that shape, using the increases to pull the fabric. I pinned it a little sloppily, so the edge is not very neat... maybe next time I wash it. I tried using my blocking cables, but it was a mess.

I still have to weight the leftover yarn in Turquoise and Coral, but I'd say about a third of a skein. More details to come on my Ravelry page.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire