samedi 2 janvier 2016

Winter Shawl

I hoarded this yarn for about a year, until recently, Manon, one of our favourite customer, knitted a Offland Lace by Caitlin ffrench in the very same smooshy handspun alpaca by Pierrô, a local spinner.
I knew it was time to turn this fabulous yarn into a shawl!
I didn't have a label with all the required info, so I weighted my balled yarn (242 g), measured a 5 g and applied that to the whole, which gave me 405 yards. I browsed for patterns in Ravelry, trying to make the most of my lovely product and fell upon this pattern I'd seen before. Summer Flies by Donna Griffin.
I wanted a semi-circular shawl with various section of lace. Of course, it would be lovely in a summery fabric, where the lace could shine a lot more, but at least it made the whole process enjoyable. It's always fun to have a new section to look forward to.

 More info on this project on my Ravelry page here.

 I also took some pictures on my boyfriend with his superb knitted kit.
The hat he's wearing is yet another The Vermonter, by Abi Gregorio, in Noro Kureyon Air. The cowl is a Color Theory Cowl, by Xandy Peters in Noro Kureyon and Lamb's Pride Worsted and the mitts were part of my 2015 Tanis Fiber Arts Year Club in Colour. It's Orange Label (merino silk and cashmere worsted) in the one of a kind Caramel colourway. Heaven! The pattern, also by Tanis is called Ah Caramel.
I was a little disapointed that the fingerless mitts came out too large for my hands and too cold for my thumbs, but was really glad that they fitted my men perfectly, since they are just precious!






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire