dimanche 17 janvier 2016

Two sorts of lace

Lace can be used in so many different ways in knitting. The two FOs featured today are a good example of the various possibilites.

First off, a super intricate sock pattern by Adrienne Fong, that combined lace and beads (but I tend to stay away from those).
It was first published as a mystery KAL for the Sock Knitters Anonymous group, but I got way past the finish line, especially for the second sock.

Last week, I needed some good old chart knitting to keep my mind from being bored, so I picked my quarter done sock and pushed through to finish it.

Then again, you can also totally knit lace at a large gauge in bulky yarn and get a fabulous result too!
This is Arika Cowl, by Jane Richmond. I knitted this pattern and blogged about it here before. This time, I used Ecological Wool and it made the whole thing really smooshy and warm. It's lovely and it knits up real fast. All in all, the perfect pattern for gift knitting (or selfish knitting!).

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire