vendredi 18 novembre 2016

Westknits Mystery KAL 2016

My Building Blocks from Stephen West has been finished for a while now, but I never had time to capture it during daylight.

Yesterday I did.
I'm really pleased with my colour combination. The blues are easy to wear and to pair with my clothing. I had initially planned on using some very loud colours, but during the first clue, I kept looking at my mix of colours and didn't enjoy it. So I frogged and started again with these. 

The shawl is easy to wear as a stole or a scarf. I made the small exactly for that reason. I wanted something not too big to wrap around my neck. I own many big knitted or crocheted shawls and needed something clean, classic and light. Mission accomplished! 
I often restrain myself from wearing my knits to make sure I have proper pictures, so now I'm glad I can wear it out as much as I want! 

The whole process was very enjoyable and it's always motivating to push yourself through a deadline.  I must admit though that I found the last two clues to be a little on the dull side. I saw some clients at my LYS who were very happy to learn something new, but us gals who know I-cord and chevrons it was a little repetitive. 

That being said, I still think it makes one pretty shawl and will wear it with pride!



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire